- Rating Find the right carrier for the right job
- Packing Use the right box, materials, and labor for every order
- Routing Better utilize services provided by existings carriers
- Tracking Take control of shipment tracking and customer communications
- Analyzing Increase visibility and find operational improvements
ShipHawk Notice of Privacy Practices
This website is owned and operated by ShipHawk, Inc. (“ShipHawk”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). We respect the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website. The purpose of this document is to describe our privacy and security practices related both to this website and our products and services generally (“Products and Services”). We also describe the rights and options that you have regarding our collection, use and disclosure of information about you.
This Notice of Privacy Practices (this “Notice”) applies only to information collected by ShipHawk and any ShipHawk affiliate that posts this Notice on its website (“Affiliates”).This Notice does not apply to the privacy practices of our business partners, vendors, co-branded sites or other third parties. We think it is important that you understand your privacy and security rights and interests wherever you are on the internet or otherwise, so please consult privacy and security information on the sites of third parties that you may come into contact with when using ShipHawk. Their privacy policies apply to information that they collect and use, not ours. The ShipHawk website and Products and Services offered by ShipHawk are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from individuals under thirteen (13) years of age. If we learn that information has been submitted by someone who is less than 18 years old, we will not use it.
Information We Collect
The information we collect falls into two categories: Personal Information and Usage Data.
Personal Information is information that we directly associate with an identifiable person or entity, such as name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, twitter handle, Social Security Number, demographic information (such as date of birth, age and gender), payment information (including credit card numbers or online payment services numbers), financial information (such as bank account numbers), purchase history and location information (often from the device on which you use our site or mobile applications). We may obtain Personal Information about you from various sources, such as this and other websites and mobile applications, third parties and when you call or email us or interact with us via social media. You may also submit Personal Information to us in other ways, such as participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes, subscribing to newsletters and other offerings through the ShipHawk website. In addition, we may combine information received from third parties with Personal Information and Usage Data we collect about you.
Usage Data is anonymous information regarding use of our website or services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of ShipHawk, often through the use of automated means. Usage Data collected through these automated means may include information that we gather and store about your visit to, and use of, the ShipHawk website, such as your IP address and the location of your IP server, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the websites, pages you visit, and if you linked to this website from another website, the address of that website. Usage Data does not include Personal Information and is not treated as Personal Information under this Notice.
Cookies and web beacons are sometimes used to collect Usage Data. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your browser during interaction on websites or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
In addition to the cookies and web beacons we deliver and use, we may also allow certain third-party analytics service providers to include cookies and web beacons within the pages of the ShipHawk website on our behalf and to retain and use Usage Data received from such cookies and web beacons themselves.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the website or service that placed the cookie may not function properly or at all as a result.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
1. for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, responding to your inquiries, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
2. to provide information about our business and offer our Products or Services to you and products and services of others that we think you may find of interest;
3. to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
4. to enable you to interact with ShipHawk and our customers through our message boards, blogs and social media;
5. to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services and websites and soliciting your feedback through email communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups; 6. to tailor our offerings to your personal interests and the manner in which you interact with us;
7. to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
8. to comply with legal recommendations, applicable legal requirements and our policies and practices.
We may also use Personal Information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection to the extent required by law or this Notice.
We may use Usage Data (which, of course, does not include Personal Information) for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you.
Third Party Applications on this Website
We may include applications from third parties on some pages of this website that allow interaction or content sharing by users. Some of these mini-programs provide specific services or content from a third party, such as a Facebook “Share” or “Like” button, and are visible to you when you visit our site. Your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies they placed on your device when you registered for their application or service. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third-parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
We may partner with advertising networks, including Google, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements. They may utilize information collected through cookies, web server logs and web beacons to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on this website and on third-party websites that participate in the advertising networks. This process enhances the deployment of our marketing programs and helps us to track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences, for measuring the effectiveness of their advertising, and for other purposes.
We do not provide any Personal Information to an advertiser when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
You can also learn more about ad serving companies and opt-out from each of those listed at the Network Advertising Initiative website Please note that this does not mean that you will not receive advertising when on our site or other sites, but it will exclude you from interest-based advertising via these networks.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share Personal Information with third parties, except as described below:
1. Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your Personal Information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
2. Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide services to us who have access to your Personal Information in order to provide services to you such as pickups and deliveries.
3. Surveys/Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the ShipHawk website that is sponsored by ShipHawk and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for ShipHawk to share your Personal Information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices. 4. Other. We may access or disclose information, including Personal Information, to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights, interests or property of ShipHawk and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with legal advice, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, we may transfer all or a portion of your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
We may share Usage Data (which, of course, does not include Personal Information) with third parties, including our Affiliates, advertising networks, analytics providers and others, for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you.
In order to access our Products and Services, you must register with our site and provide us with Personal Information. Once you have done that, you have opted in to receive communications from us, as described in this Notice. If you would like to alter the frequency and type of email you receive from us, you may update your user profile by clicking here If you no longer wish to receive communications from us and access our Products and Services, you may do so by changing your preferences. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement opt-out requests promptly, but it may take up to ten business days as we process the request. Once we have processed your request, we will not send you further emails regarding our Products and Services unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
You may choose not to share your geo-location information with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings.
If you refer others to us, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional email communications from us in the future by following the instructions in the email invitation.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Notice, ShipHawk will not sell or share your Personal Information with non-ShipHawk companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard Personal Information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, systems, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Updates to this Notice
We may update this Notice to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Notice. If we use Personal Information in a manner that is materially different than described in this version of this Notice, we will obtain your consent as required by applicable law or this Notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at privacyinquiry@ShipHawk.com or call us at 805-335-2432.
You also may write to us at:
Attn: Privacy Inquiry
3463 State St. STE 245
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Last Updated: December 15, 2013